How to get rid of cockroaches, Its a question asked by thousands every day. Some common pest cockroaches such as American Cockroaches and Oriental Cockroaches may be easy to get rid of. Pretty much all your indigenous roaches will keel over dead once they come in to contact to Deltamethrin or Alpha-cypermethrin. The same goes for the American or Oriental Cockroaches.
The problem lies with your German Cockroaches (Blattella germanica). As the years have gone by, Pest Controllers world wide have used pretty much everything including the kitchen sink to kill these formidable pests. All the failed attempts have made the German Cockroaches immune system somewhat like that of a marvel superhero’s. Residual chemicals and insecticides have been applied incorrectly so that the insects are exposed, unfortunately the exposure is barely enough to give them a cockroach equivalent to a cold. This low exposure to different insecticides over the generations have only made their immune system stronger.
Before i carry on with this post i have to mention, how to get rid of cockroaches tips to not do the work of a professional Pest Control or extermination Company such as Johannesburg Pest Control. These hints and tips are designed to maintain and or eliminate the remaining few cockroaches a bit quicker after a professional treatment has been carried out.
In this article i will give a little bit of professional insight into how to get rid of cockroaches. The cockroaches in question are the German Cockroach of course.
There are different aspects to the question of how to get rid of cockroaches namely:
- Housekeeping Practices: There are simple everyday things one can do to deter cockroaches or stop them from thriving. You have to look at your house and general and change some general housekeeping practices. Make sure your dust bins are sealed and have lids on. Make sure your food cupboards are always cleaned and clear of open or split foods. Its also wise to store all opened foods in sealed containers. Pets food should never be left out over night and dishes should we washed and packed away.
- Light up your kitchen: Cockroaches are extremely light sensitive and opening the curtains or cutting away some foliage from in front of your kitchen window will do wonders. Not only will this allow some light in but it may also release some of the pent up heat and humidity from last nights cooking. Heat, humidity and darkness make a great place for German Cockroaches to set up shop.
- Throw away broken white goods: Cockroaches love hiding spaces, the more broken microwaves or fridges you have, the more harbourage you are providing for the cockroaches.
- Buy a crack and crevice insecticide: If you have done the above mentioned you would have successfully made your home partially inhabitable. The problem lied with the control method you use. Traps look good but are only for the average housewife that thinks they will trap all your cockroaches. They will not! Cockroach hotels look good and kill of a few cockroaches, these just make the manufacturers rich. Over the counter residual insecticides just activate the cockroaches causing them to run wild. Most over the counter insecticides affect insects nervous system. Crack and crevice sprays are great for flushing out those high risk areas that cockroaches love to hide.
How to get rid of cockroaches with a crack and crevice spray.
Firstly i have to say that this will only work if the above has been carried out correctly and you have a low level cockroach infestation. If you have a higher level of cockroach infestation you will have to contact a professional Exterminator or Pest Control company.
As mentioned above cockroaches such as German Cockroaches hide in dark cracks generally close to heat. Use your crack and crevice spray to flush out high risk areas regularly as in every 24 hours for at least 14 days. The following areas should have special attention given to them:
- Refrigeration motors, these include motors from freezers and the elements behind them as well. Use short bursts as directed on your tin of insecticide. The heat caused by these items cause all sorts of Pest Control problems.
- Cupboards or drawers directly next to any item in your kitchen that generates artificial heat. This could include Ovens, dishwashers, microwaves or even extractor fans.
- All the hinges of your cupboards, some modern hinges create great hiding spots for cockroaches.
- Crack in tiles, cracks next to electrical sockets and the gap between the wall and your cupboards are also great places to hide.
You still have the question of how to get rid of cockroaches? Use a professional Pest Control service!
The above is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the question, how to get rid of cockroaches. All the hints and tips mentioned above do not do the job of a reputable Pest Control Company. The tips are designed to aid and maintain an already controlled situation. If you would like more insight or read “how to get rid of bed bugs” please feel free to browse through our informative website.
If you have the question how to get rid of cockroaches and need a professional Pest Control company please give Johannesburg Pest Control a call. Free quotations and obligation free quotations are only a call or email away.