Cockroach Control Johannesburg may be a nightmare to some but for Johannesburg Pest Control its a breeze. The occasional roach hiding in the corner of your kitchen? What about that nasty black cockroach, sneaking its head through the crack in your wooden floor waiting for your lights to go off to emerge. Lucky enough for you, Johannesburg Pest Control has the answer and wants to help.
Cockroaches are nasty Pests, the spread diseases and bacteria such as Salmonella and E coli. That single cockroach you saw walking over your work surface… He probably has a few friends hiding in dark places. Cockroaches are social insects and congregate in dark places that are generally overlooked by the lay man. Where there is one, there are generally more hiding nearby.
Even clean kitchens can need Cockroach Control Johannesburg
Its a common misconception that people think Cockroach Control Johannesburg is only needed if you live in dirty unsanitary conditions. This is far from the truth, with many years of Pest Control experience. We have encountered many infestations in places with less than favorable conditions. Cockroaches are survivors. Roaches could gain ingress to your home in a variety of difference ways.
- Have a broken microwave or TV? In many instances white goods sent in for repair pick up all sorts of pest insects. Different items from different places are all repaired in the same center making it an ideal place for roaches to thrive.
- Fresh produce or package items are often stored in cockroach infected premises, needing Cockroach Control Johannesburg. Boxing material or the perfect ambient temperature and humidity created by fresh produce poses as perfect harbourage.
- Live in a block of flats? No matter how sanitary you think your neighbors are the chances are at least one of them have a raging cockroach infestation desperately needing Cockroach Control Johannesburg. In this case a premises could become over run causing the infestation to spread. One kitchen may not have enough harbourage and food stuffs to sustain a high level infestation.
Diseases carried and spread by Cockroaches in Johannesburg
The number 1 reason for the use of Cockroach Control Johannesburg treatment is to stop the spread of diseases in your home. An out of Control Cockroach Infestation can contaminate food poisoning animals and your loved ones. Below will be a short list of the most common diseases and pathogens spread by Cockroaches in Johannesburg.
- Diarrhea – Because these nasty vectors spread germs. They spread bacteria from their last savory meal to the next. This could be that left over mac and cheese from last night to stored products in your cupboard. Diarrhea is a common side effect caused by unsavory bacteria spread from one bad meal to another.
- Cholera – Cholera is a highly contagious form of Diarrhea. Dehydration and even potential death if left untreated. Cholera and other diseases on this list are mainly spread by cockroaches that have come in contact with a contaminated source and spread to your home. In the case of Cholera, American Cockroaches are attracted out of their homes in sewers at night after being attracted to the lights in your house. If the American Cockroaches was in contact with the Cholera Bacteria in sewer water and again with your stored products. The bacteria will thrive and potentially infect your loved ones.
- Typhoid fever – Typhoid fever is commonly reported here in Johannesburg. This disease is commonly spread by cockroaches that have been in contact with the Bacteria on fecal matter. Also referred to as food poisoning or Salmonella poisoning. The Typhoid fever bacteria is just a slightly different strain of the same bacteria. Salmonella is mainly present in restaurants that have poor hygiene practices and out of control Cockroach Infestations.
Cockroaches are a major cause of illness and disease. The list above is but a small snippet as to what these pests are responsible for. The Cockroach Control Johannesburg Experts can identify the species and cause. This helps us eliminate even the most nasty infestations. It also gives us an insight as to where and what the initial cause of the infestation was. If at all possible, our staff with try minimize or completely eliminate the cause by making recommendations to remedy the reason for the Cockroach Infestation.
This is what sets Cockroach Control Johannesburg aside from our competitors. Rather that just generically treat an infestation we have trained our staff in integrated Pest Management. This is where rather that just treat an Infestation, we understand it. We identify the cause, the reason it thrives. If we know the biology and the species of Cockroach and the cause we can combine our treatment with recommendations for long term Cockroach Control here in Johannesburg. Cockroaches are not your average Crawling Insects and we do not treat them in an average way.
Common species of Cockroaches specialized by Cockroach Control Johannesburg.
German Cockroach Control Johannesburg
- The German Cockroach is the most nasty and challenging cockroaches found here. German Cockroaches are also the most common roach species found in homes in Johannesburg and surrounding areas. These Insects are omnivorous feeders that prefer fatty proteins. Especially those found on the sides of ovens or stoves.
- German Cockroaches thrive in conditions that are warm and high in humidity making them a common kitchen culprit. These roaches frequent refrigeration motors and cupboards under your kitchen sink.
Adult German Roaches are about 1.6 cm long and are brown in color with a streak running from the tip of his head to its wings. They are flightless although they do have wings.
American Cockroach Control Johannesburg
- The American Cockroach is the larger counterpart of the German Cockroach. The American Cockroach frequent drains and humid basements, often needing a quick Cockroach Control Johannesburg treatment. They are often found under wooden floors and can even gain access to your home at night as they are attracted to the light. These cockroaches are also omnivorous feeders but feed mostly off human waste. This makes they very unpleasant to have around your home.
- The American Cockroach adult is approximately 4cm long and are reddish brown in color. These bugs have a yellowish margin behind their head. The nymphs of American Cockroaches look similar to the adults but don’t have wings.
Oriental Cockroach Control Johannesburg
- Oriental Cockroaches are quite possibly the most rare Pest Cockroach species found here in Johannesburg. Much similar to the American Cockroach, Oriental Cockroaches also frequent warm humid places such as sewer systems , basements and other areas of unsavory origin.
- Oriental Cockroach adults are approximately 18mm – 29mmin length with females being slightly smaller than males. Oriental Cockroaches given half a chance with Infest and breed rapidly. They are one of the worst disease spreading Cockroaches here in Johannesburg.
How can you get Cockroach Control Johannesburg in your Johannesburg home?
If your live in Johannesburg and suspect you have Cockroaches in your home. Give Johannesburg Pest Control a call and be rid of your infestation. Our trained staff have a wealth of Pest related knowledge and are willing to help. Call us for free Crawling Insect Control including Fish Moth Control, Centipede Control and Cockroach Control Johannesburg quotes. Even just general hints and tips for a proactive Pest Control approach, cockroaches, fleas flies and many more insects don’t stand a chance.